Monday, June 22, 2009

Mixtape mania

Monday, June 22, 2009



My life has taken a turn towards crazytown lately, so I apologize for the lack of posts/not updating links since boxstr still sucks donkey nards. I went through and put in some better links in the most recent posts and I managed to find some time to share some new stuff I've gotten with y'all.

i know I'm late with this but Santigold's mixtape is hot. There was a contoversy b/c someone sent a cease and desist order to the maker (not Santigold...), Terry Urban, but there are still ways to get it if you search for it. My fave track is Andre 3000 and Bun B's contribution.
You'll Find A Way Player

And keeping with the mixtape theme, my favorite DC area rapper Wale released his mixtape "Back to the Feature". I absolutely love it. For those who don't know me personally, I am a HUGE fan of UofM football, so the shout out he gives to Tim Biakabutuka, the Michigan running back form the 90s, in the track "Wonder Why" makes me happy. Wale's wordplay is fantastic, and he has some hot producers and guest appearances on it. Def check it out.
5 Minutes feat. Skyzoo
Life's a Bitch feat. Talib Kweli & Joel Ortiz
Wonder Why feat. Big Sean, Ken Starr, & Mike Posner
New Soul feat. Yael Naim

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out the track with Wale and Peter,Bjorn and John "Nothing to Worry About" - it's awesome!!!!
http://www.rcrdlbl.com/artists/Wale/track/Nothing_To_Worry_About_f_Peter_Bjorn__John

 
candy for your ears. Design by Pocket